Gulf Neurology Center
Gulf Neurology Center (Premier Health Systems, Inc.) office is centrally located in Mobile, Alabama. Gulf Neurology Center is staffed and directed by Dr. Ilyas A. Shaikh, MD. Our Neurology clinic is different by the fact that in addition to office consultation, we offer urgent care services in Neurological Disorders including IV treatments and onsite patient observation for non-critical cases to save a trip to the hospital. You must be an established patient or referred by your primary physician to utilize our urgent care services. Our sister office, Shaikh Neuroscience Center in Decatur, GA provides consultation services only. Shaikh Neuroscience Clinic in Mobile, AL is part of the Gulf Neurology Center.
Dr. Shaikh brings sound knowledge and extensive experience in the management of Neurological Disorders including:
- Multiple Sclerosis (Neuro-Immunology)
- Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders
- Headaches and facial pain
- Myofascial, Neck and Back Pain
- Head and Spine Injuries and Work Related Injuries
- Pain Management in general
- Neuromuscular Disorders, Dystonias
- Memory problems and Dementias of all types
- ADD for Adults and Adolescents
- Stroke and post stroke complications
- Second opinion for Neurological problems
Gulf Neurology Center offers optimal patient care. All relevant diagnostic testing is performed under one roof.
We have state of the art equipment for diagnostic testing:
- EEG (Epilepsy)
- NCV and EMG (Neuro-Muscular Disorders)
- Evoked Potentials (MS & Neuromuscular)
- ENG/VNG (Dizziness)
- EKG for Cardiac problems
Ultrasound for Diagnostic and Treatment protocols
We also have an excellent Vascular Lab operated by Certified Technologists. The Vascular Lab offers; CAROTID DOPPLER, ARTERIAL DOPPLER, VENOUS DOPPLER, and TRANSCRANIAL DOPPLER. Such tests are usually scheduled in advance or can be performed on the day of appointment based on the need and availability of service.
Warning: Email contacts are not meant for immediate patient care. You must call 251-460-9095 for your medication or other urgent care needs.
Local vendors provide our patients with CT, MRI and other neuroimaging help. To obtain the best image possible for the best diagnostic impression, we partner with our patients and they may be sent to the best place possible and available. We do not place a limit on technological excellence.
We accept all non-HMO private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and Cash patients.
For an appointment please contact our office at 251-460-9095
Dr. Shaikh may be able to answer some of your questions by email. However, you must be an established patient for such communications. Dr. Shaikh is licensed in Alabama and Georgia. Please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4325 Downtowner Loop N. Mobile, AL. 36609
- 1710 Hand Ave. Bay Minette, AL. 36507
- Shaikh Neuroscience Center, 5045 Covington Hwy. Decatur, GA (This is a reference address only)